Bamboo poles have a smooth glassy surface which has been further protected with a strong coat of lacquer finish. Allow at least a season for Bamboo to naturally age to a grey silvery colour (like any wood when it is exposed to the elements). At this stage the Bamboo's smooth surface is sufficiently pitted and dry enough to be treated as a wood.
- Wipe down with damp cloth to remove any dirt.
- Apply a good quality Linseed Oil and Turpentine 50/50 mix and repeat for a second and third coat if necessary
- Or choose any colour PVA paint and apply 2 coats
- Bamboo may crack or split. This is a natural process and does not affect the integrity of the bamboo nor is its strength compromised.
- Bamboo may mildew in wet weather but will not rot. Dry thoroughly and then seal again with Linseed Oil.